Crosswinds Aviation now has a very nicely equipped new 2014 Cirrus SR22 on the flight line in Ann Arbor (KARB). This is an amazing plane and it is available for rent with Crosswinds Aviation. Here are some noteworthy features of this beautiful aircraft:
- Cirrus Airframe Parachute System (CAPS)
- TKS Known Ice Protection
- Cruise speed of about 180 knots at best power
- Cirrus Perspective G1000 Cockpit with large 12 inch screens
- Air Conditioning
- GFC700 Integrated Autopilot with Yaw Dampener
- Night Vision Camera
- 5 seats
- Cirrus GTS Carbon Package
The insurance requirements for solo flight in this aircraft with Crosswinds Aviation are as follows:
- Any student pilot or better who has been approved by the chief pilot or his/her designee and has a minimum of 50 hours in the make and model. Student pilots must be under the direct supervision of a CSIP at all times.
- Private Pilots must have an IFR rating with completion of factory initial school by a CSIP. All pilots must have received a Certified Flight Instructor check by a CSIP in the make and model prior to solo.
- 40 hours of prior SR20 Perspective experience can be applied towards the 50 hours of SR22 required above as long as the pilot completes the SR22 differences training.